Coronavirus (COVID-19) in families:We need more protection
The coronavirus, officially named COVID-19, is spreading in the U.S.How can we protect ourselves and our families?We should pay more attention to virus protection than to post-infection treatment.
Avoiding contact with sick people and taking everyday preventive measures to avoid the spread of germs is still the number one course of action at this point in time.In addition, some household protectors is also necessary, such as Zippered Mattress Protector,Pillow Protector and Baby Crib Mattress Pad Protector.
The harmfulness of the coronavirus
- It has deadly relatives.The virus is new, but it's part of a family of viruses that originates in animals and is known to sometimes be deadly to humans (such as severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, another coronavirus that killed almost 800 people in the early 2000s but has since disappeared).
- Symptoms can be mild. Coronavirus symptoms are indistinguishable from other common respiratory illnesses. They include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Some people with coronavirus don't show any symptoms. Others develop pneumonia, which can be life threatening.
- It's concentrated in China. As of now, 109,577 people have been infected with the coronavirus. Most are in Wuhan, China, where the outbreak originated. Over 3800 people, all but 686 in China, have died from the disease, and these numbers are expected to keep rising. Most of the deaths are of older folks with underlying health problems.
Who is at risk?
While pregnant women and young children tend to have weaker immune systems, which makes them especially vulnerable to getting sick, so far this coronavirus has proven to be most severe to the elderly and those with pre-existing illnesses.we need to avoid the spread of the germs.For this we should choose some bedding protectors because the bed is where we are in close contact with our bodies every day. Zippered Mattress Protector can be a good choice.
How can I protect my family?
Speaking with the New York Times, Dr. Mark Mulligan of NYU Langone Medical Center said that taking common precautions known to help prevent the spread of flu can also help protect your family against the coronavirus. These include:
- Encouraging children to wash their hands and don’t touchsomething that is often used before wash their hands.Bedding things like Mattress Protector,Pillow Protector in your home should be washed every two or three days.
- Keeping kids as far away as possible from anyone who is coughing or sneezing (and don't bother with wearing surgical masks if you are healthy).
- Speak with your doctor if you, your baby or toddler have a cough, shortness of breath, and you’ve recently traveled to China or been exposed to someone who has these symptoms and was recently in China.
- Choose good protective bedding.We should protect ourselves when we work and study.We also need to do it when we are sleeping.These are some mattress protectors we can think about.For example, zippered mattress protector is a good choice . A full zippered mattress protector can provide an extra layer of protection between the user and their mattress, avoiding germs that are known to damage our health.
Stay informed about the latest developments involving COVID-19. If you have plans to travel to China, keep abreast of the latest travel advisories. The CDC is currently advising people to avoid nonessential travel to Wuhan. You can also go to The New York Times to get live updates on the situation.